Houston Girl Friday is seeking an Operations Assistant to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly [“in-house”] providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
This is a long-term, internal support role, reporting directly to the Operations Manager. The position is hybrid: 75% working remotely from your own home or mobile office (“virtual”), and 25% in the field (travel, running errands, courier, etc.).
No two days are the same. Our Clients represent many different industries, circumstances and levels of tech-savviness. Their priorities and task lists vary drastically, and can often change without warning. If you can be described as a quick-on-your-feet, outside-of-the-box thinker who thrives in a dynamic atmosphere, this may be for you.
- Extensive fact-finding and research projects
- Data entry and database building (Excel, Access)
- PDF & web forms (Adobe Acrobat, FormsCentral)
- Lead generation, follow-ups and CRM (Zoho)
- Website updates (WordPress, HTML)
- Social media management (Hootsuite)
- Email marketing (Constant Contact, iContact)
- Calendar management and appointment scheduling (Outlook, iCal)
- Business listings, marketing and ad postings
- Human Resources: job postings and preliminary interviews
- Document digitizing & e-filing (Scanning, Dropbox)
- Proofreading, editing and quality assurance
- Virtual reception (RingCentral)
- Errand running, pick-up/drop-off, post office, etc.
- Other virtual and non-virtual assignments, as needed
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Beginner or better proficiency in Adobe Systems, with emphasis on Acrobat, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Exemplary organizational and communication (verbal, written, observation) skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount.
- Innately proactive, resourceful and the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- An above-average analytical scope; you can derive 5 even when you’ve only been given 2 and 2.
- Notary Public certification is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud/Creative Suite is a plus.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX is a plus but not mandatory.
- Bilingual in Chinese or Arabic is a bonus but not mandatory.
- 4+ years minimum in an Executive/C-suite, Administrative or Personal support role in a corporate office environment.
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- Given the virtual aspect of the position, you must have your own PC and/or Mac laptop – equipped with Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and preferably Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud. #BYOD
- Must reside within the 610 Innerloop of Houston, with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel to our emerging markets: Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and throughout the United States on behalf of the Operations Manager, if needed.
- Polished, professional appearance at all times.
HOURS, PAY & TRAVEL
- This is a part-time position, to start. Will rapidly become full-time with the right candidate.
- Schedule is not lenient; most assignments will be due the same day/within 12 hours.
- Pay rate will be a mix of both hourly and project-based, and will increase after 90 days. Stock options to be discussed.
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~2000 web training courses] will be provided to you after a successful new hire trial period.
- The Operations Assistant must be willing to work any hour of the day – 24/7/365 – as needed. No exceptions. (Please make sure you have read and understand our business model/business concept before applying).
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.