Houston Girl Friday is seeking a WordPress Multisite Developer to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly [“in-house”] providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
This is a long-term, internal support role reporting only to the Operations Manager. The position is 100% “virtual“, working remotely from your own home or mobile office. The WordPress Multisite Developer must be based in the United States.
The WordPress Multisite Developer is single-handedly responsible for the maintenance, development and optimization of the organization’s entire WordPress Multisite network, currently consisting of 5 databases and 30+ domains and subdomains, and growing. You will also be the go-to when the company is assigned tasks by Clients requiring advanced technical skill.
- Proficiency in WordPress Network (Multisite) aka WPMU
- Proficiency in WordPress at the Developer level:
- Creation of clean, logical, well-documented and re-usable code
- Creation of custom plugins/widgets
- Understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Optimization Practices & Google Algorithm Changes
- iOS App Development is a huge plus but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel [programming] is a plus but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX is a plus but not mandatory.
- Exemplary communication [verbal, written, observation] skills.
- A sense of confidence, passion and perfectionism. An inescapable need to succeed.
- Capable of performing and effectively collaborating in a virtual workplace environment
- Outside-of-the-Box, forward-thinking capacity.
- Innately proactive, resourceful and the ability to work independently with no supervision.
- 5+ years minimum in an IT role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Internet Engineering or Management Information Systems, or a proven track record in IT for another SMB.
- Given the virtual aspect of the position, you must have your own PC and/or MAC laptop and adequately equipped office. #BYOD
- Must reside within the United States.
- Clear background check.
- Polished, professional and personable appearance at all times.
HOURS, PAY & INCENTIVES
Our organization operates 7 days a week; preference is always given to candidates willing to working evenings, weekends and even holidays, if needed.
- WordPress Multisite Developer is a contingent, part-time position. There is plenty of work to do; room to quickly increase for the right team member.
- Schedule is semi-flexible, with most assignments having a 4 to 24 hour turnaround time.
- Compensation to be determined based upon experience, skill set and availability.
- Bonus incentives for Client referrals and acquisition.
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~3000 web training courses].
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.