Houston Girl Friday is seeking a Virtual Assistant to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly [“in-house”] providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
This is a long-term, internal support role reporting to the Operations Assistant. The position is hybrid: 75% working remotely from your own home or mobile office (“virtual”), and 25% in the field (organizing, running errands, courier, etcetera). The ideal candidate should be based within 20 miles of downtown Houston.
No two days are the same. Our Clients represent many different industries, circumstances and levels of tech-savviness. Their priorities and task lists vary drastically, and can often change without warning. If you can be described as a quick-on-your-feet, outside-of-the-box thinker who thrives in a dynamic atmosphere, this may be for you.
- Extensive and often difficult fact-finding and research projects
- Data entry and database building (QuickBooks, Excel, Access)
- Lead generation, follow-ups and CRM (Zoho, Salesforce)
- Website updates (WordPress, HTML)
- Social media management (Hootsuite)
- Email marketing (Constant Contact, iContact)
- Calendar management and appointment scheduling (Outlook, iCal)
- Business listings, marketing and ad postings
- Document digitizing & e-filing (Scanning, Dropbox)
- Proofreading, editing and quality assurance
- Errand running, pick-up/drop-off, post office, etcetera
- Organization projects, both tangible and digital
- Other virtual and non-virtual assignments, as necessary
- Documentation of virtual assistant activities
- Act as a team player and provide support to fellow team members during busy periods
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced proficiency in Intuit QuickBooks.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and interactive PDF creation.
- Exemplary organizational and communication [verbal, written, observation] skills.
- A sense of confidence, passion and perfectionism. An inescapable need to succeed.
- Capable of effectively collaborating in a virtual workplace environment.
- Outside-of-the-Box, forward-thinking capacity.
- Innately proactive, resourceful and the ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud is a plus but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in WordPress is a plus but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in both Windows and Mac OSX is a plus but not mandatory.
- Notary Public certification is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Bilingual in Chinese or Arabic is a bonus but not mandatory.
- 5+ years minimum in an administrative support role in an office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Given the virtual aspect of the position, you must have your own PC and/or MAC laptop, equipped with Microsoft Office 2010 or later. #BYOD
- Must reside within 20 miles of downtown Houston, with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Clear background check.
- Polished, professional and personable appearance at all times.
HOURS, PAY & INCENTIVES
Our organization operates 7 days a week; preference is always given to candidates willing to working evenings, weekends and even holidays, if needed.
- The Virtual Assistant is a contingent, part-time position. There is plenty of work to do; room to quickly increase for the right team member.
- Schedule is semi-flexible, with most assignments having a 4 to 24 hour turnaround time.
- Compensation to be determined based upon experience, skill set and availability.
- Bonus incentives for Client referrals and acquisition.
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~3000 web training courses].
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.