Houston Girl Friday is seeking a Marketing Assistant to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly [“in-house”] providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
This is a long-term, internal support role reporting to the Business Development Manager. The position is 75% virtual and 25% onsite.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud.
- Exemplary organizational and communication [verbal, written, observation] skills.
- Capable of performing and effectively collaborating in a virtual workplace environment.
- Outside-of-the-Box, forward-thinking capacity.
- Familiarity with digital marketing concepts, tools and resources.
- Innately proactive, resourceful and the ability to work independently with no supervision.
- 2+ years minimum experience in a marketing, advertising, public relations or business development role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications.
- Given the virtual aspect of the position, you must have your own PC and/or MAC laptop and adequately equipped office. #BYOD
- A quiet, uninterrupted workspace for placing outbound calls.
HOURS, PAY & INCENTIVES
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~3000 web training courses].
- Though not mandatory, preference is always given to candidates open to working evenings, weekends and even holidays, if needed.
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.