Houston Girl Friday is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly [“in-house”] providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
This is a long-term, internal support role reporting to the Operations Manager. The position is hybrid: 75% working remotely from your own home or mobile office (“virtual”), and 25% in the field (conducting interviews). The ideal candidate must be located in one of our primary markets: Houston, Dallas, Austin or San Antonio.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing maintenance, communication, monitoring and progression of the organization’s entire database of team members.
- Job listings, online recruitment marketing and ad postings (Company websites, Monster, CareerBuilder, Craigslist, etcetera)
- Collection, filtering, inputting and organizing of all incoming résumés and applications
- Applicant correspondence – interviewing, evaluation forms, verifications, background checks, offers, denials, inquiries, etcetera
- Administer Applicant tests
- Creation of new hire welcome manuals
- Host new hire orientations (Skype, Google Hangout)
- Data entry and database building (Excel, Zoho Recruiter)
- Interactive Forms/PDF creation, editing and distribution (Adobe Acrobat, Adobe FormsCentral)
- Email Marketing – contact lists, job announcements (iContact, Constant Contact)
- Text Marketing – contact lists, job announcements
- Document digitizing & e-filing (Scanning, Dropbox)
- Proofreading, editing and quality assurance of HR documents and correspondence
- Other virtual and non-virtual assignments, as necessary
- Documentation of human resources activities
- Act as a team player and provide support to fellow team members during busy periods, as needed
- Strong recruiter/human assessment skills to effectively screen a number of applications and résumés each week.
- Strong familiarity with the practice of #Crowdsourcing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat/FormsCentral.
- Proficiency in WordPress.
- Exemplary communication [verbal, written, observation] skills.
- A sense of confidence, passion and perfectionism. An inescapable need to succeed.
- Capable of performing and effectively collaborating in a virtual workplace environment.
- Outside-of-the-Box, forward-thinking capacity.
- Innately proactive, resourceful and the ability to work independently with no supervision.
- 3+ years minimum in a human resources role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, preferably in Human Resources, or a proven track record in HR for another SMB.
- Given the virtual aspect of the position, you must have your own PC and/or MAC laptop and adequately equipped office. #BYOD
- Must reside within the Texas Triangle.
- Clear background check.
- Polished, professional and personable appearance at all times.
HOURS, PAY & INCENTIVES
Our organization operates 7 days a week; preference is always given to candidates willing to working evenings, weekends and even holidays, if needed.
- The Human Resources Coordinator is a contingent, part-time position.
- Schedule is semi-flexible, with most assignments having a 4 to 24 hour turnaround time.
- Compensation to be determined based upon experience, skill set and availability.
- Bonus incentives for employee retention goals.
- Bonus incentives for Client referrals and subsequent acquisition.
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~3000 web training courses].
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.