Houston Girl Friday is seeking a Graphic Design Assistant to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
This is a long-term, as needed, internal support role. The position is 100% virtual, working remotely from your own home/mobile office.
Assist with internal [Company] and external [Clients] design tasks for the purposes of business development, marketing and advertising; including but not limited to: corporate identity, digital media, print media and promotional items.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud/Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Adobe InDesign.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in WordPress.
- Working knowledge of HTML is a plus but not mandatory.
- Exemplary organizational and communication [verbal, written, observation] skills.
- Outside-of-the-Box, forward-thinking capacity.
- Capable of effectively collaborating in a virtual workplace environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount.
- Innately proactive and the ability to work with no supervision.
- Capable of improving upon a task; not simply providing lateral output.
- Minimum 5+ years in a creative or design support role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or current enrollment at a university.
- Given the virtual aspect of the position, you must have your own MAC or PC. #BYOD
HOURS & PAY
- This is currently a contingent, as needed position.
- Schedule is semi-flexible, with most assignments having a 24 to 48-hour turnaround time depending on scope.
- Pay rate varies by project.
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~2000 web training courses] will be provided to you after a successful new hire trial period.
- Though not mandatory, preference is always given to candidates open to working evenings, weekends and even holidays, if needed.
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.