Houston Girl Friday is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly [“in-house”] providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
This is a long-term, internal support role. The position is hybrid: 75% working remotely from your own home or mobile office (“virtual”), and 25% in the field (running errands, courier, etc.).
No two days are the same. Our Clients represent many different industries, circumstances and levels of tech-savviness. Their priorities and task lists vary drastically, and can often change without warning. If you can be described as a quick-on-your-feet, outside-of-the-box thinker who thrives in a dynamic atmosphere, this may be for you.
- Extensive fact-finding and research projects
- Data entry and database building (Excel, Access)
- Lead generation, follow-ups and CRM (Zoho)
- Website updates (WordPress, HTML)
- Social media management (Hootsuite)
- Email marketing (Constant Contact, iContact)
- Calendar management and appointment scheduling (Outlook, iCal)
- Business listings, marketing and ad postings
- Document digitizing & e-filing (Scanning, Dropbox)
- Proofreading, editing and quality assurance
- Errand running, pick-up/drop-off, post office, etc.
- Other virtual and non-virtual assignments, as needed
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and interactive PDF creation.
- Exemplary organizational and communication (verbal, written, observation) skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount.
- Innately proactive, resourceful and the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- An above-average analytical scope; you can derive 5 even when you’ve only been given 2 and 2.
- Notary Public certification is a huge advantage but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud is a plus but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX is a plus but not mandatory.
- Bilingual in Chinese or Arabic is a bonus but not mandatory.
- 8+ years minimum in an Executive/C-suite support role in a corporate office environment.
- Associate’s degree or higher, or current enrollment at a local university.
- Given the virtual aspect of the position, you must have your own PC laptop – equipped with Windows 7 or 8, and Microsoft Office 2010 or later. #BYOD
- Must reside within 30 miles of downtown Houston, with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Polished, professional appearance at all times.
HOURS & PAY
- This is a part-time position. There is plenty of work to do; room to quickly increase for the right team member.
- Schedule is semi-flexible/set your own hours, with most assignments having an 8 to 24-hour turnaround time.
- Pay rate to be determined based upon experience and skill set.
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~2000 web training courses] will be provided to you after a successful new hire trial period.
- Though not mandatory, preference will be given to candidates open to working evenings, weekends and even holidays, if needed.
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.