Houston Girl Friday is seeking a Blog Writer to join our expanding team. The company has three main operations:
- Directly [“in-house”] providing support solutions to small businesses and individuals (BPO)
- Project management for small businesses and individuals, often temporary or task-driven (Subcontracting)
- Recruitment, training and staffing on behalf of small businesses and individuals (RPO)
Our target market is the estimated 30% of the 27 million small businesses in the United States that outsource administrative, creative and technical tasks to a contingent workforce.
The Blog Writer is responsible for generating original content for the company (internal) blog, Client (external) web content requests and other marketing platforms on a continual basis. The position is 100% virtual; working remotely from your own home/mobile office. Candidates must be based in Texas.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience writing excellent, high SEO-value copy, including newsletter articles and features, blog posts, press releases, social media posts, email campaigns, landing pages, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SEO, SEM, website analytics, social media, hashtags research, online reputation management, and data mining.
- Capable of effectively collaborating in a virtual workplace environment
- Exemplary organizational and communication (verbal, written, observation) skills.
- Extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
- Innately proactive and the ability to work with no supervision.
HOURS, PAY & INCENTIVES
- This is a contingent, yet reoccurring role. At least weekly, to start.
- Compensation is $25 per blog post.
- Access to the company’s Lynda.com subscription [~3000 web training courses] will be provided to you after a successful new contractor trial period.
- Though not mandatory, preference is always given to candidates open to working evenings, weekends and even holidays, if needed.
Established in 2010, Virtual Executive Personal Assistants of America, Inc. (VEPAA®) doing business as the Girl Friday brand of companies offer a vast array of both virtual and onsite support services to small business owners, solopreneurs and busy executives throughout the United States. Learn more at www.vepaa.com.